Friday, October 06, 2006

RAN

It's been a while since I've posted on my blog. I'm doing a temp job today at Reece & Nichols so I have a little time to just play on the computer. I wish I had some pictures - but I'll add them later. Last week we went to New Orleans again for another mission trip. We spent five days gutting three houses. The weather was a little cooler than June but still warm. We had a fabulous team of 12 plus a couple of extras who were in town and wanted to help. It was a fun week and we worked HARD! It's amazing how slow it's moving - I'm sure it will take years to see some real progress. We did two houses in one suburb and we were told that 700 homes just in that suburb would have to be completely torn down. WOW! 90% of the gutting work is being done by volunteers. We visited with one of the crews that clean up the piles in front of the house and they said their work had really slowed down after summer. I guess a lot of the work was being done by our incredible young people who eventually had to go back to school.

I had the shortest date in history last night. It lasted 12 minutes. It was one of those experiences that every woman dreads. He didn't climb out the bathroom window but he definitely could not get away fast enough. I guess I didn't think that could actually happen - but low and behold - it does. I'm not sure how you get back on the bike after that kind of crash but I guess I'll just play it one date at a time. :)

That's all for now. Check back later for updates on the life of Carla.

1 comment:

Jo Hilton said...

you get back on that bike, girl... ride... sister...ride! :) Have fun on your road trip! xoxo