Sunday, August 02, 2009

Diamond Lake

On my way to Wisconsin, I drove through Stillwater, MN and discovered I was about 2 miles from the home of my friend, Torr, and his family. I decided it was time to pay them a visit! :) I did call first and was very happy to find out they were home and not busy. It was fun to see them in their natural habitat. The last time we were together was in 2001 so the kids have grown a LOT (like at least triple) since then. We sat on the deck and chatted for about an hour before I had to get back on the road. It was such a blessing to see them!

I also managed to track down my friend, Bobby, who we also use to run around with when we would come to Cable in high school. He lives in Cable and keeps busy with his many jobs. He's one of the sweetest guys I have ever known and it was wonderful to see him again.
I don't know of any place I would rather be than the beautiful cabin on Diamond Lake in Cable, Wisconsin. I have been going there since I was a kid and it holds very special memories. The sights...smells...sounds bring joy to my soul. I love to sit on the dock and read, kayak around the lake, take a picnic lunch out on the pontoon boat, browse around the Firefly or the shops in town, have lunch at the Brick House, help Virgil with a puzzle, enjoy a cup of coffee (or lemon cello blanco - YUM!) with Nancy on the dock, and listen to the loons. I know I am so very blessed to have such wonderful friends!

No comments: