Friday, September 01, 2006

This is supposed to be my day off but I received a call from PBC staffing that they were in need of a temp to answer phones - so I agreed. I am now sitting at Renewal by Anderson waiting for the phone to ring. I wish I had thought to bring a book to read. :) Oh well - it gives me time to write in my blog which I have not done since I started it. This evening I am heading to Springfield, MO with a few friends from church to visit one of our recent graduates. We are staying with some family friends so it should be a fun time on all levels. I haven't spent much time in Springfield since I graduated so I'm looking forward to exploring the city and visiting Drury. I'm sure it has changed a lot!

This has been a crazy month! It seems like every program in the church has to have a kick-off! And, of course, everything seems to culminate on Sept 8-10 which is also the weekend of our Spiritual Renewal Weekend. It's going to be a great weekend but I'm sure I will be exhausted by the time it's over.

At the end of the month we are going back to New Orleans for another mission trip - this time just for adults (since the youth are in school). I'm really excited about the number of people that signed up to go on such short notice. There is a strong desire in people to want to help and I'm so glad we were able to put this together.

That's all I have for now. Have a blessed and beautiful day! CJ

No comments: